Glory days, well, they’ll pass you by.
Dress: thrifted from Value Village / Accessories: vintage / Purse: The Dress Form / Socks: Aritzia / Shoes: Call it Spring (similar)
Thank you Lauren Greve for the photography ❤
I am very excited and proud to announce that this entire outfit is all secondhand clothing and accessories. Buying clothes secondhand saves the atmosphere from further carbon pollution and the world from further chemical toxicity that would have been produced to create new clothing. Not only is my entire outfit all secondhand, but it is all made from natural fibres that will break down eventually – unlike synthetic clothing which releases plastic microfibres every time it is washed, which has lead to a massive pollution problem. I also want to mention that this entire outfit costed me around $100 Canadian. You can buy secondhand clothing, save money (and donate/spend it on things that really matter), and still look amazing! I encourage you to scout out your local thrift stores, vintage stores and Value Villages and have fun discovering treasures and embracing your true style through a more earth-friendly alternative.
Shirt: Hazlewood Vintage / Skirt: Closet Raid / Belt: Value Village / Shoes: Closet Raid / Bag: Value Village / Ring: vintage / Watch: vintage Gucci /
Buy Less. Buy Used. Buy Better.
Even though almost everything I wear is black, I do have an affinity for sparkly accessories & I think I found the perfect sparkle! Hillberg and Berk Sparkle Ball earrings are my new favourite! Hillberg and Berk is an internationally recognized Canadian company. What do I love more than these beautiful earrings – the empowerment of women. Hillberg and Berk gives back to organizations that support women, and that is very close to my heart. Make spirits bright this Christmas and holiday season with H&B Sparkle Ball Earrings!
Earrings: Hillberg and Berk / Mascara: Benefit / Lipstick: Nars / Brows: Anastasia BH / Eyeshadow: Stila / Foundation: Zuzu Luxe
Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as this blue velvet coat? I’m obsessed. This is part of a series of outfits I put together for my feature on the Sasktel blog. Winter style does not have to be boring with bold and unique jackets! When styling a striking jacket, stick to a monochrome outfit so it doesn’t look too busy and to allow your jacket to pop! Thank you Nicole Romanoff for your photography!
Jacket: vintage (Better Off Duds) / Sweater: Guess / Boots: Call it Spring / Necklace: vintage / purse: vintage
Here is another one of the outfits I put together for my feature on the Sasktel blog. I am notorious for wearing black outfits – I accessorize to keep them interesting! This leather jacket is probably one of the best purchases I’ve made! I’m keeping it local with incorporating designs from Laurie Brown & Hunt of Hounds, both located in Canada. Thank you to Nicole Romanoff for your photography!
Jacket: Zara / Top: Laurie Brown / Turtle Neck: Jacqueline de Yong / Jeans: Nudie Jeans / Boots: Kenneth Cole (similar) / Necklace: vintage / Belt: B-Low the Belt / Rings: Hunt of Hounds / Purse: Steve Madden
Today I went on a lovely road trip with no destination. What can I say, the uninhabited prairies calm my spirit and call to me. I love having no plan or time limit and just being able to explore. However I did not enjoy exploring too close to these 3 old buildings, when I was surprised by a skunk…luckily I spotted it in time and took off running. Anyway here are a few of the pictures I took today!
Yes I know, this generation uses and depends on their phones way too much. I try to be careful of how often I use mine and try to pretend it doesn’t exist when visiting, however our phones can also be a useful tool. I adore my iPhone and I have found a lot of amazing apps that I am going to share with you and here they are:
This app really covers all the bases. You can edit the colour, brightness contrast, etc. as well as great filters and light flares. You can also adjust the size of your photo and add really cute frames. This app has it all. $0.99
2. Rhonna Designs This app allows you to put many different (and very cute) designs onto your picture, allowing you to adjust the colour, size and transparency. $1.99
3. ColorSplash This app gives you the control to take any part of your picture and turn it grey or coloured, bringing more focus and attention to a particular area! $0.99
4. Waterloque This app turns any picture into a water-colour with many different water-colour techniques available! $2.99
1. Yoga Studio So I am pretty sure this app may have saved my life. I LOVE this app, it has little videos of various yoga classes at any skill level that you can select to download. Calming music plays in the background while a relaxing voice tells you what to do. Worth every cent. $2.99
2. Period Tracker Deluxe Super convenient for well, ladies, do I need to say more? (There is also a free version of this app) $1.99
3. End Anxiety this app talks you through a 30 min deep relaxation or hypnotic session to decrease anxiety and help to reroute negative thoughts. I really enjoy this app. FREE
1.Buycott create change, and live more sustainably by learning about who to support when purchasing every day products! FREE
2. Think Dirty GET THIS APP. As easy as quickly scanning your body products, this app will tell you about all of the ingredients in the product. It also suggests safer products to use, and get rid of your toxic products. If you scan a product, and it is not in the database, no problem! You can submit the name and a few pictures and the product will eventually be added to their system!
3. Shazam Anytime you hear a song you like, tap this app to listen and it will tell you the song, artist, album, when it was released, the lyrics, and you have the option of looking when the next concert will be, the bio of the band, and to listen to it for free. FREE
4. Dream Pro This app records any noise throughout the night and in the morning you can listen to how you sleep, what you say, and anything else that picks up. Its kinda creepy but also somewhat funny to hear what exactly you do when you sleep. $1.99