These pancakes are just like the real deal, just without the usual ingredients! They are autoimmune, paleo, and AIP compliant.
- 1 large organic banana
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 can coconut milk without any fillers (Cha’s Organics Organic Light Coconut Milk)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- get out your cast iron and put it onto low/medium heat with enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet
- mix the arrowroot flour, coconut flour and baking soda together
- mash the banana well in a separate bowl, I usually just use a fork
- shake the can of coconut milk vigorously to ensure the solidified portion has mixed into the liquid
- mix the banana into the dry mixture
- add 3/4 can of the coconut milk and mix well (adjust batter as needed, you might need to add more coconut milk)
- use 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out batter and fry in the cast iron skillet
- gently flip the pancake over after a few minutes until golden brown (they take a little bit longer than conventional pancakes)
- before I put a new scoop of batter into the pan, I add about 2 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet (this ensures the pancake will not stick to the cast iron)
- serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add blueberries, cocoa chunks, or any other similar ingredients in the batter. These pancakes freeze well, I usually put a layer of parchment paper in between each pancake so they are easy to remove when frozen. They can be warmed up in the oven or on the skillet. I usually sprinkle on some coconut sugar, add cut up strawberries and blueberries and dig in!