Since developing several allergies and food intolerances, I have found myself really missing dips. Chip dip, salad dressing, vegetable dip, you name it. So, today I set out to create an avocado dip that is gluten-free, dairy-free, Autoimmune Paleo AIP compliant, and low FODMAP.
You Will Need
- 1 large ripe organic avocado
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp BRAGG organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/6 cup water
- pink Himalayan salt to taste
- food chopper, food processor, or blender
- scoop out the avocado flesh and add into food chopper (seed and skins removed)
- add all other ingredients into the food chopper
- puree until everything is smooth
- you may have to stop and mix ingredients so they can get mixed in well
I love enjoying this dip with dried banana chips, sweet potato chips, cassava chips, and sweet potato fries. I also drizzle it over my supper for some added flavour. This dip will usually last a day, since the avocado likes to brown quickly, so I try to eat what I’ve made in a day. If I have any left over, I store it in a container with a lid in the fridge.
Hope you enjoy!