I always find myself wishing I could find shirts with band logos, or great quotes or cute designs without breaking the bank. So I decided to get crafty and make some myself! This is a simple DIY project and is so rewarding in the end! All you need is:
– Iron-On Transfer Sheets (found at Staples, Michaels or Walmart)
– Ink Jet Printer & Computer
– Plain Cotton or Polyester Shirt
– Wooden Cutting Board
1. Choose a design you want to print onto the transfer sheets.
(if the design has words, remember to flip the image horizontally before you print it, so when ironed onto the shirt it is readable)!
2. Print the image onto the transfer sheet and let it dry for 30 minutes.
3. While that is drying, you can get your iron, wooden cutting board, shirt and scissors.
4. Cut around the design. (be careful not to touch the design with your fingers as it still may smear).
5. Put the wooden cutting board in-between the shirt and position the design face down onto the shirt.
6. Iron the design onto the shirt! Don’t forget to iron the edges of the design really well. I usually iron for longer than the instructions advise to ensure it adhered properly.
7. Peel the backing off of the design and let the image cool before washing the shirt (this will remove the stiff look of the design) and make sure you lay it flat to dry! Stretching will cause the design to crack.
8. Show off your new awesome shirt!
— I am using the instructions from my specific brand of Transfer Sheets, make sure to read the instructions on yours in case there are any differences! —
Now you have your very own beautifully designed tops!