Hello everyone! Today I decided to make myself some lavender solid perfume because of all the lovely benefits that it provides. This is a great natural alternative to synthetic perfumes, a great low-waste DIY project & overall a more sustainable choice. As a sufferer of chronic anxiety and stress, I know that lavender essential oil will aid in relaxation, which is why I chose lavender for myself. This is a simple DIY project – all you need is:
1. 55 drops of Pure Essential Lavender Oil (or any other essential oil of your choice)
2. 1 tablespoon of pure grated beeswax
3. 1 tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
4. A glass container to put the mixture into
There are a lot of ways to make solid perfume, but here is how I do it:
1. Take a pot and fill it about 1/4 full of water and set a smaller pot on top of the water (I bought a secondhand pot at Value Village, as beeswax is difficult to clean off, therefore avoid using a good pot for this double-boiler method). Put the burner on low to medium heat.
2. Grate a tablespoon of beeswax
3. Put the beeswax into the smaller pot and it should start melting
4. Add in a tablespoon of Jojoba Oil and 55 drops of Lavender Oil
5. Slightly tilt the pot so all the mixture runs up against one side and stir well
6. Quickly pour into a glass container (as it will start drying quite quickly!)
7. Allow to completely dry then twist on the lid!
I made sure to buy my beeswax at my local Farmer’s Market, supporting a local business and cutting down on the carbon footprint of the product itself is important! I decided to use lavender essential oil, but you can use any pure essential oil you like and can even mix them! Just remember to always keep the beeswax and jojoba oil ratio 1:1 for if you want to make larger or smaller batches. This was a very simple and quick process, and the smell actually lasts quite long, as long as nothing (like clothes) rub against where you apply it. It is easily applied by rubbing your finger into the solid perfume and placing it wherever you want. I love how I can bring this little container anywhere and I can also just smell it for an instant calm. Highly recommend you all to try this! It is fun to create a unique scent for yourself! Better yet, buy the ingredients in bulk and make this with your friends!