Hello Everyone! Today I decided to make myself some lavender solid perfume because of all the health benefits that came with it. I love the smell of lavender and as a sufferer of anxiety and stress I knew that Lavender essential oil would help me to relax. This is a pretty simple DIY project! All you need is:
1. 55 drops of Pure Essential Lavender Oil
2. 1 tablespoon of pure grated beeswax
3. 1 tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
4. A glass container to put the mixture into
So there are a lot of ways on how to make solid perfumes on the internet but here is the easiest way I found:
1. Take a pot and fill it about 1/4 full of water and set a smaller pot on top of the water. Put the burner on low to medium heat.
2. Grate a tablespoon of beeswax
3. Put the beeswax into the smaller pot and it should start melting
4. Add in a tablespoon of Jojoba Oil and 55 drops of Lavender Oil
5. Slightly tilt the pot so all the mixture runs up against the side and stir well
6. Quickly pour into a glass container (as it will start drying quite quickly!)
7. Allow to completely dry then twist on the lid!
I decided to use Lavender Oil because I love the scent and it has many health benefits for me, but you can use any pure essential oil you like, and can even mix them! Just remember to always keep the beeswax and jojoba oil ratio 1:1 incase you want to make smaller or larger amounts. This was a very simple and quick process, and the smell actually lasts quite long as long as nothing (like clothes) rub against it. It is easily applied by rubbing your finger in it and placing it wherever you want the perfume to stand out. I love how I can just bring this little container anywhere and I can also just smell it for an instant calm. Highly recommend you all to try this! It is fun to create a unique scent for yourself!