Fries are always a temptation, however they also tend to be unhealthy. I cannot eat fries at restaurants because I would risk the cross contamination of other foods with gluten in the deep frier. This of course makes me crave them even more. So today I set out on how to make my own healthier and tastier fries! I used my own home-grown potatoes from my garden – working towards a smaller food footprint! Also when I grow my own vegetables, I can be sure that there are no chemicals in the food that I am consuming. The ingredients and items needed are:
– 4 Potatoes (serves two people)
– Cutting Board
– Metal Bowl
– Dish Towel
– Tablespoon Measurement
– Grape Seed Oil
– Cookie Sheet
– Salt & Pepper (or)
– Seasoning Salt
1. Preheat the oven to about 350ºF
2. While the oven is heating up, peel the potatoes and cut them into thick sticks.
5. Put them into the metal bowl and add 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil and toss around until all the fries are evenly coated (I chose this oil because it is a lighter and healthier option compared to other oils. It also gives the fries a very pleasant taste).
6. Spray a light coat of Pam on the cookie sheet, then spread the fries on. (I put a light sprinkle of seasoning salt on at this point).
This is a wonderful snack that I really enjoy making and that I hope you will love too!