I woke up today and it was snowing, so I decided to make myself a London Fog and watch the snow fall. I decided to learn how to make this steamer myself because most places don’t offer any dairy-free alternatives and I miss steamers! Also, this is a very affordable recipe, as you can reuse the ingredients for many more steamers! You’re probably also reducing waste as you will not need a paper cup like you would get from a coffee shop!
This will be dairy-free (and of course gluten-free also). The ingredients & items needed are:
- Silk True Almond Original
- Earl Grey Tea *
- Pure Almond Extract (or)
- Pure Vanilla Extract **
- A Mug
- A Pot
- A Whisk
* Use decaffeinated earl grey tea if you have an autoimmune disease.
** Do not use pure vanilla extract if you adhering to an AIP diet, or use alcohol-free extracts.
1. First fill your mug with Almond Milk, leaving about half an inch from the top.
2. Poor that milk into a small pot, and put it on your stove on Low Heat. You need to be very careful not to overheat the milk as it will burn, resulting in a bad flavour.
3. Every 3 minutes, give the milk a good whisk for about 30 seconds. (you should be creating a bubbly foam on top of the milk).
4. Prep your mug and put 4 drops of Pure Almond Extract in and 1 to 2 Earl Grey Teabags (depending on how strong you want it to taste).
5. After the milk is heated to a desired heat (about 15 minutes for me) pour it back into your mug.
6. Give it a stir and enjoy!